Short Range Carbine
This class introduces the unique problems associated with using the AR pattern rifle at shorter distances. This class is ideal for the new AR owner interested in protecting their home.
Topics covered include:
- snap shooting
- reliable safety manipulation
- sight offset concerns
- appropriate ready positions
- movement around friendlies
- relevant reloads
This class will make extensive use of dry practice in order to maximize learning – don’t expect to fire a live round in the first hour or two. There will be no magazine dumps at 10 yards. This class’s context is that of the armed citizen or uniform patrol officer, not the Delta Seal Operator Dude.
Students will need:
- A zeroed carbine – AR pattern highly recommended
- 150-200 rounds of ammunition for your carbine.
- Three empty magazines
- Hearing/eye protection and a brimmed hat